Original Building

History

St.Aidan's Mission Church was founded in 1909 and, until the 1960's occupied the corrugated iron "Tin Tabernacle" illustrated here. A more detailed account based on an exhibition of historic documents held in December 2009, is now being put on-line.

  1. Origins
  2. Setting the Scene
  3. The Land
  4. The Building - Part 1
  5. The Building - Part 2
  6. The Grand Opening
  7. St.Aidan
  8. The early years and the 1930's
  9. The 1940's and the 1950's
  10. The 1950's
  11. Rebuilding
  12. Some dates
  13. To be continued

As well as the detailed history recounted in the pages linked above there are also some special pages describing the special tableclothes embroidered with fellowship signatures made for the Queen's Silver Jubilee in 1977 and the centenary of St.Aidan's church in 2009.